Not so simple question: How much does a website cost?
Website development can range from $1,000 to $100,000, but the average small business is in the $5,000 range. The typical rate is $100/hour.
What are you paying for? What are the variables about?
You are paying not only for a final product, but for a service. A customized site is tailored to your business needs. Those needs and what it takes to deliver solutions can vary greatly, which is why most web designers charge an hourly rate and give an estimate, rather than a fixed bid.
Marketing & Advertising
It is standard business practice for 5% of revenue to be invested in marketing and advertising (for some industries it’s more, i.e. in real estate it’s usually about 10%). Websites are part of a business’s marketing and advertising.
Websites have an initial cost, with a lower cost to maintain them on an ongoing basis. However, the sites I create use a content management system so that the business owner does not have to pay to make basic changes to text and information because they can easily and quickly make these changes themselves.
I have specific goals and methods to create value for my clients.
- I work with my clients to determine the business goals and needs for their site.
- I make sites that work for the business owner, always ensuring sites support the business goals and encourage sales.
- I make sites that work for site visitors, utilizing User Experience practices to make sites more pleasurable experiences, easy to navigate, and thus improving return visits and sales.
- I build sites in WordPress, a Content Management System (CMS), which enables the site to be updated easily after development, and is a robust website framework enabling many of the latest features in web design.
- I make visually attractive sites, customizing templates, designing graphics, and optimizing photos, as needed.
- I work with Responsive Design templates so that sites perform optimally on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices.
- I research templates and plugins to find high quality options that best serve the client’s needs.
- I add special functionality, as needed, to sites, whether it be for calendars, payment systems, MLS incorporation, maps, etc.
- I incorporate social media interaction within sites, and can assist businesses in setting up and utilizing social media sites.
- I can set up domains, hosting, and email, if needed.
- I can provide site maintenance or update content for the site.
- I can provide training (written, video, or in person) for clients to update many aspects of their sites.
- I continually improve my skills, going to training sessions and meetups on Web Design, WordPress, User Experience, and Adobe Design Products on a regular basis, to stay abreast of the latest trends and tools.
Ready to market your business with a new website?
Contact Seven Blocks Design Today!